APOLOGIES CHRIS PARKES AND TONY WRENCH
PRESENT HOWARD, NIC, GEOFF, MARK
FINANCE NO CHANGE FROM SEPTEMBER REPORT. NEED TO PAY WCB AFFILIATION FEES FOR NAMED TEAMS [£10 PER TEAM]. PULL TOGETHER COSTINGS FOR PRESENTATION EVENING. STILL TO PAY FOR NAMED FINAL GROUND HIRE. THE SECRETARY HAS YET TO RECEIVE CONFIRMATION OF 2022 SPONSORSHIP. THE TREASURER HAS A NUMBER OF PINK AND RED BALLS WHICH WILL BE ON SALE AT THE AGM
AVERAGES DUE TO THE POOR RESPONSE THE CHAIR IS TO EMAIL ALL TEAMS, REQUESTING THIS DATA AS PER RULES IN THE FORMAT REQUIRED BY 1/11/2021. FAILURE WILL RESULT IN A FINE. THE SECRETARY IS TO CONTACT NAMED TEAMS FOR THE MISSING DATA RE: MAN OF THE MATCH.
PROSPOSED RULE CHANGES QUATT WERE THANKED FOR THEIR SUGGESTIONS
- 2 runs for a wide and no extra ball (except the last over/last 5 balls in a 100-ball match) in the lowest division.
THE FORMATION OF DIVISIONS TO COME FIRST. SHOULD THIS APPLY TO ALL DIVISIONS? DOES THIS ONLY APPLY TO LOWEST DIVISION? DOES THIS RELATE TO ALL OVERS INCLUDING THE LAST OVER?
- Teams to suffer a penalty/points deduction if the result of the fixture is not on play cricket before the weekend following the game. Home team is responsible.
ALL TEAMS MUST ENTER THEIR RESULTS ON PLAYCRICKET BEFORE THE WEEKEND FOLLOWING THEIR GAME
- The league moves to the 100 format. Could initially (2022 season) be the Cup competitions only, so teams get a chance to experience the format. Then, in 2023 all games move to the 100 format.
THIS LEAGUE WILL MOVE TOWARD THE 100 FORMAT STARTING WITH CUP MATCHES DURING THE 2022 SEASON. THE LEVEL OF ADOPTION (exactly which rules we apply) WILL BE DETERMINED BY THE COMMITTEE.
- Teams permitted to wear coloured kit if they wish.
THE COMMITTEE UNDERSTANDS THE THINKING BEHIND THIS SUGGESTED RULE CHANGE HOWEVER THERE IS A FEAR OF A MISHMASH OF STYLES. THE SUGGESTION FROM THE COMMITTEE IS THAT WE REMAIN AS WE ARE “WHITE” WITH TEAMS WISHING TO WEAR COLOURED KIT TO MAKE INDIVIDUAL REPRESENTATION TO THE COMMITTEE.
- Separate, but very important point; The league needs to create Instagram, Facebook and Twitter accounts to promote the league.
THE COMMITTEE IS IN FAVOUR AND WILL ASK OUR I.T. CONTACT TO SET THIS UP. THE LEAGUE WILL THEN NEED A VOLUNTEER TO MANAGED THIS PROCESS WITH CONTROLLED ACCESS TO THE SHOWN DATA.
6. Pink balls
PINK BALLS TO BE USED IN ALL MATCHES. THE QUALITY OF THE CURRENT LEAGUE BALL (supplied by sponsor Veritus Cricket) IS MORE THAN SATISFACTORY. CLUBS TO SOURCE THEIR OWN SUPPLY FROM NOW ON.
GEOFF IS STEPPING ASIDE AND THE LEAGUE REQUIRES A REPLACEMENT UMPIRE APPOINTMENTS OFFICER OR SET IN PLACE RULES FOR TEAMS TO ORGANISE THEIR OWN UMPIRES FROM A DESIGNATED POOL.
PRESENTATION /AGM WILL BE HELD ON 9TH November 7.30 at Wilden.
The meeting will go ahead “in person” but be curtailed due to covid considerations with no guest speaker this year. Drinks tokens will be available together with limited food.