Special Guest speaker: ANDY WHEELER, WCB Welfare Officer
HE EXPLAINED HIS POSITION AT WCB BY QUOTING EXAMPLES CITING THAT WORCESTERSHIRE HAVING MORE CASES THAN MANY INNER-CITY AREAS WITH 14 MAJOR CASES (GROOMING, SEXUAL ASSAULT, ETC) IN THE LAST 18 MONTHS.
HE WENT ON TO SAY THAT WELFARE WAS VITALLY IMPORTANT WITH CAPTAINS AND VICE CAPTAINS ACTING AS THE PARENTS OF U18 PLAYERS (JUNIORS) WHILST IN THEIR TEAM. IT FOLLOWS THAT ALL CAPTAINS AND VICE CAPTAINS MUST BE DBS ACCREDITED.
THEY ARE DEEMED TO HAVE PARENTAL CONTROL, RESPONSIBILITY THE WHOLE TIME IN THEIR CARE INCLUDING TRAVELLING.
DBS REQUIRES A PASSPORT, DRIVING LICENCE AND BIRTH CERTIFICATE TO BE PRESENTED TO ANDY TO PROCESS, TAKING 8 MINUTES TO COMPLETE ONLINE WITH THE CERTIFICATE COMING NORMALLY WITHIN THE WEEK.
EACH CLUB SHOULD HAVE POLICIES IN PLACE COVERING COMPLAINTS, DISCIPLINE, WITH APPEALS, PHOTOGRAPHY, TRANSPORTATION, MOBILES, ETC.
OUT OF COURTESY CAPTAINS SHOULD INFORM THE OPPOSITION OF THE NUMBERS OF U18 PLAYERS IN THEIR TEAM. SLEDGING IS OUTLAWED TOWARDS U18s.
A SHOW OF THANKS FOLLOWED.
- APOLOGIES FROM TONY AND GEOFF
- PRESENT ALL BUT NEW TEAMS THREE CROWNS AND HORN & TRUMPET
- ALL WERE WELCOMED AND ANDY WHEELER INTRODUCED
- A FINANCIAL REPORT PREPARED BY THE TREASURER WAS DELIVERED BY THE SECRETARY. CURRENT ACCOUNT £911 WITH THE MAJOR SPONSORSHIP TO COME. Julian fallows was approached re: West Hagley’s sponsorship source. DEPOSIT ACCOUNT £1868. THE TREASURER EXPECTS A LOSS OF £200 OVER THE YEAR.
- UMPIRES ARE STILL A RARE COMMODITY WITH 3 COMING FROM SALOP AND 2 FROM THE ELITE PANEL. Efforts are being made to bolster numbers but clubs should not be surprised if they only have one umpire at games this year.
- FIXTURES HAVE BEEN CIRCULATED WITH THE CONCERN FROM THE FLOOR ALREADY ACCOMMODATED.
- THE DELAYED HANDBOOK WAS EXPLAINED BY THE LATE ENTRY OF A FURTHER TEAM (Horn & Trumpet) FILLING THE BYE POSITION IN DIVISION A. This team was accepted by the clubs with the issue of finding a suitable ground very much their responsibility.
- KDCUA TEN TEN TEAMS WERE ASKED TO CONFIRM. THERE MAY BE SOME SECOND THOUGHTS HERE: BEWDLEY, GAS, DOG, STONE confirmed with 3 CROWNS, HORN & TRUMPET and others still considering their options.
- CONTACT DETAILS WERE CIRCULATED AND UPDATED
- THE POSITION OF HOWARD WAS EXPLAINED: ROVING MATCH REFEREE (Approved by WCB)
- GEOFF WILL BECOME WELFARE OFFICER FOR THE LEAGUE having recently completed training.
- TEN TEN RULE CHANGE : ADDITIONAL OVER TO BE BOWLED…THE BOWLER(S) WILL BE NOMINATED BY LOTTERY SELECTED BY THE UMPIRES PRIOR TO THE COMMENCEMENT OF THE GAME. New rule will be included in the 2019 League Rules book.