MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 9TH JULY
APOLOGIES HOWARD AND CHRIS PRESENT GEOFF, TONY, MARK, NIC
THE MEETINGS THOUGHTS WERE WITH THE FAMILY OF KEITH AMER, UMPIRE, WHOSE FUNERAL WILL BE HELD ON 22/07 AT WYRE FOREST. A MINUTES SILENCE TO BE OBSERVED AT THE FINAL ON TUESDAY 16/07/2019 AT CHESTER ROAD.
GOOD WISHES ARE WITH SURESH PATEL FOLLOWING HIS OPERATION AND TREATMENT.
UMPIRES REPORT INAPPROPRIATE DRESS
DETAILS ARE BEING SOUGHT AS TO THE RECORDED NAMES ON THE UMPIRE SIGNED TEAM SHEET BEFORE ACTION IS TAKEN.
THE UNIVERSAL BANNING OF PLAYERS
The WILDEN INDUSTRIAL ESTATES CRICKET LEAGUE supports the universal banning of players when there is just cause. The committee is alarmed by the ad hoc way, often verbally, with little or no authority in which such universal bans are communicated. Even in this day of instant communication access, not everyone reads emails every day, let alone every five minutes. May we respectfully suggest a standard be introduced with a limited time lag to communicate such bans. For example, a ban of a week, issued today by a particular league would have been completed before the ban was communicated and implemented by other leagues.
MAN OF THE MATCH AWARDS HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED BY ASAF (SPORTS AVENUE).
THE FINANCES REMAIN THE SAME AS LAST MEETING
THE MEETING THEN DISCUSSED THE SUGGESTED RULE CHANGES RAISED AT THE JUNE MEETING
- Many of the points raised, concerning the structure of the league, and number of games/competitions, were in line with the principles of the league but were also dependent upon the number of teams wishing to partake each year.
- the committee would put to the vote two additional runs replacing the additional ball for a wide
- bowling half the overs continuously from one end was discounted for numerous reasons.
- reducing the size of the leagues, subject to the overall number of teams was looked upon favourably as it would permit all Wednesday matches
- cups matches could be further reduced by combining plate competitions
- ten ten would continue to be optional
- early and late season matches, april and august would be limited to ten overs or 12 with a pink ball
- a suggestion re no-balls was rejected
- the committee, with the teams’ approval, would like to feel that the idea suggested for so called “handicapped” matches to be introduced.
A SPECIAL GUEST, WHO WILL, FOR THE MOMENT, REMAIN NAMELESS, HAS BEEN APPROACHED AND IS BEING CONSIDERED.
16/7 CHESTER ROAD – NIC
23/7 CHESTER ROAD – GEOFF
30/7 CHESTER ROAD – MARK
21/8 CHESTER ROAD – MARK AND GEOFF
21/8 QUATT – NIC AND HOWARD
AB MEMORIAL TROPHY
A RE-JIG OF THE FIXTURES HAS BEEN NECESSARY TO ACCOMMODATE GUEST TEAM WORCESTER CITY POLICE. FIXTURES ARE AS BELOW:
CUP SEMI FINALS:
31/7 HAGLEY V POLICE
14/8 STAGBOROUGH V KIDDERMINSTER
PLATE SEMI FINALS:
14/8 ENVILLE V WEST HAGLEY
14/8 WILDEN V QUATT A